Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Ahead!

Funny thing about having kids. It makes you appreciate things you would never appreciate otherwise. Take Daylight Savings Time for example. I always look forward to Fall Back, or at least I did before kids. Now I dread Fall Back for a few different reasons. 1st...I detest darkness at 4:30 in the evening. There is something really wrong about that. 2nd, even though I set my clocks back an hour, and my body is ready to sleep an extra hour, my kids aren't on the same renewed clock. They take all the fun out of Fall Back.

Spring Ahead on the other hand is a beautiful thing. My trio slept til 9:30AM...but we missed church. That's also a downfall, I'll be dragging them out of bed for the next week or two (not to mention trying to convince them to go to sleep even though it's still light outside, but that's for another post.) My goal is to get to the atheletic club by 9:30AM. I should have dressed the kids in tomorrow's clothes tonight instead of putting PJs on them tonight. Moms out there, please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. If we have an early morning appt and I'm nervous about getting all 3 kids there (ON TIME!!!), once in a while I've been known to do that.

My sister's boyfriend's comment was, "OH!" said in disgust, "Aren't you afraid the clothes will be wrinkled?"
I think my 2 year old's Spiderman Tshirt and jeans will survive a night in the crib...maybe not her boyfriend's Sevens jeans and snazzy dress shirt though.

Maybe we'll just skip this week's commitments and sleep til Noon. Doesn't that sound nice? I could use a week of rest...I'll take it while I can get it. Thanks Spring Ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment