Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mother of the Year Award Goes to...

Not me.  Not by a long shot. These kids have been in rare form all week and with my patience dwindling with each passing pound, they are on thin ice. 

After a new bottle of extra virgin olive oil got spilled (and broken) all over my travertine kitchen floor and Pillow Pets were cut/shred into pieces all over my lower level (all happened yesterday...the kids were down in the lower level while I was cleaning up the glass from the olive oil.  Guess they got bored b/c they went to town)
There was also a total fit thrown at VBS 2 nights ago by an unnamed 6 year old.  Really, haven't we outgrown this already? 

Today within seconds Boy Wondertwin spilled an entire glass of iced tea all over my wool rug and Girl Wondertwin was caught doing flips on my couch.  That was it.  I went to GWT's bedroom and emptied the contents of her shelf organizer.  Within seconds there were 8 million toys all over her bedroom floor.  She was in shock.  Next I went to Boy Wondertwin's room and followed suit, choosing the toy box to empty everywhere.  He screamed, cried, kicked and had a conniption.

I'm not proud of myself but I'm REALLY sick of cleaning up their (unnecessary) messes constantly.  It's all I do.  I put up with their fits and clean their messes.  I understand that it comes with the territory but really.  They are 6.  Isn't it time to grow up just a little?  Learn a little personal responsibility?

Wonder of Wonders.  Little Dude has been a total angel since the twins started their madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment