Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Yellow Rose of Texas



It was Flower Girl weekend.  My daughter was asked to play "Flower Girl" in a wedding of a friend of the family...in Texas.  So, hubby, Girl Wondertwin and I flew to the Lone Star State for a jam-packed, fun-filled weekend of Tex Mex, steak and flowers.  GWT looked like the belle of the ball and the family was thrilled that we came in for the festivities.

I don't know if I've made this known but I'm not a formalities kind of girl.  I don't do well with weddings and receptions etc.  Maybe I'm just not comfortable in heels and dresses that hold it all in way too tightly.  I don't know but this weekend I tried hard to get past the formalities and to enjoy it all.  I know GWT didn't have a problem being the center of attention...and she might even have a little crush on the Groom!  Ha!

Back to the daily grind (and less humidity thank goodness...you should see my hair!).

No comments:

Post a Comment