Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are you sitting down BLOGWORLD?

I just zipped up the dress that I wore to my rehearsal dinner 12 years ago!  I was 24 years old then and a size 4 or 6.  This dress FITS and I'd actually wear it out in public.  I can't believe it.

Obviously my body is quite different now (hello, twin pregnancy!!!) than it was then but it fits!  It's just crazy amazing what 6 pounds can do.  I'm now where I was when I was first pregnant with Little Dude.

Let's see if we can flash all the way back to 1998!  I do have one foreseeable hitch in my plan.  When I had the twins irreparable damage was done, namely the rib expander otherwise known as Baby B as well as ripped muscles in my stomach making it so my white stomach will never see the light of day again.

Have you seen those palate expanders that pre-teens have to wear before they get braces?  You know, you used to have to use a key to turn it and it literally expanded the roof of your mouth to make room for all of your teeth?  That is what my daughter did to me during the 30 some weeks she spent in my tummy.  Holy Moly that KILLED!  I was BEGGING the doctor to put me out of my misery.  Finally he gave me permission to try one of those Therma Care Heat wraps...as long as it was on my ribs and not near her head.  So far no brain damage for Girl Wondertwin but wow, was that CRAZY painful.  I don't miss those days.  As a result my rib cage is a good bit larger than it had been which makes clothes difficult sometimes.

Anyway blogworld, just wanted to share my good news with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment