Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

WWDD

So today is the day that the big "switch-over" begins. You know, the day that will (hopefully) cease all of those obnoxious government commercials regarding Americans needing a converter box to see their television without cable.

It made me wonder WWDD or What would Daddy do?. He died in 1995 so I have no way of knowing his reaction but my dad had an almost RELIGIOUS objection to paying for television. He thought humans had a right to free TV because of the commercials we were forced to watch. He had no need for 100 channels or more like 1000 these days. He wanted his nightly news, Cheers and Seinfeld. It's all he really needed.

I'll never know if he would have finally forked over the $10 per month for basic cable or if he would have purchased the converter box. I'm not a big cable fan either. I wouldn't have it if it were up to me but I was outvoted. Like father like daughter, I guess. Anyway, just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment