Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Deal or No Deal

For about a year now I've been living vicariously via MoneySavingMom.com and DealSeekingMom.com I check out their sites and drool over the deals that they have earned. I've wanted desperately to follow in their footsteps but honestly. 3 kids under 5...none in preschool? Do I have time to WORK for my deals much less grocery shop at every store in town? That's a resounding NO!

I vowed this week to hunt me up some deals. Sorry, had to get some Texas out of me. I went to Giant Eagle today, armed with a few coupons, one known deal and a $5 off $15 special.

This is what I bought for $16.44:


5 sodas for $10, 2 bunches of bananas, a bunch of grapes, and 2 cucumbers. (Not pictured: One box of Kellogg's Mini Wheats). Ah yea!

Put this with the $10 I save at Bed, Bath & Beyond and I'm spending...I mean saving a lot of $. Yep, still gotta spend to save but we gotta eat too. Head to Giant Eagle if you need sodas. They were almost gone when I was there today!

4 comments:

  1. Good Job! Keep saving! I gotta try again too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, I left the cereal out of the picture. There was a box of Mini wheats too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why random things come to my mind, but the other day I thought about this post and thought "how odd that the cases of soda are sqare(ish)." You no longer see those out here, we only have the rectangular "fridge packs".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. We have both. The fridge packs weren't on sale tho.

    ReplyDelete