Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Perfect Mom

Today I was the perfect mom. Okay, so I might be exaggerating but I have to take these little victories where I can get them since my kids have been simply wretched as of late.

The twins went to VBS #3 of the Summer which left me with Little Dude. We ran errands, went to the athletic club and even stopped by the Dollar Store. When we parked outside the club, I held hands with Little Dude and we calmly walked into the edifice. There was no screaming, yelling, rushing or corralling. We just walked in like normal people.

When we went to the Dollar Store, other than a tiny fit when Little Dude wanted to buy dish cloths that we didn't need (I have No idea why!) we had a very pleasant experience in the store.

We picked up the twins from VBS #3 and dropped them off for 2 more hours at Safety City. Little Dude and I then headed to Costco. Yet another successful trip. He stayed in the cart for 90% of our shopping time (which has never happened EVER) and we even got to stop at EVERY sample station.

What a nice day we had. And although I took one giant leap into the land of exaggeration when I titled this post "The Perfect Mom", today gave me a little boost. I'm not a complete and utter failure at this mom stuff. I might just have a little too much on my plate.

Today also made me look forward to the twins' Kindergarten commencement but also made me sad ( and feeling a little guilty) that I have been such a madwoman for the twins' entire memory. They will never know life as a Singleton and will only experience rare opportunities when they can be alone with mom or dad. The bonus, I guess, is that they will never know what it is to be alone. They will always have each other, no matter what life throws at them. Not a bad trade, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it sounds like you were a perfect mom to me. Probably if I had seen you out in public with your one well-behaved dude, I would have sneered at you, "Sure it's easy to make your kid behave when you just have ONE!" And really, what greater compliment is there than to have another mom jealous of your well-behaved child? ;)

    ReplyDelete