Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

More about feeding kids...

So, 2 posts ago entitled Feeding the 5000, I mention I hate to feed my kids. Or maybe I wasn't that blunt but you get the idea. Anyway, I'm all about kids becoming self-sufficient before the age of 18 (not before the age of 5). My kids have caught on to that I guess because they try things that I never would suggest or even guess they would have the ability to accomplish.

Case in point, when my twins were 3.5 years old, one of them decided Terrence was cold and he needed to be warmed up in the microwave. This was before I had my laptop and I was in the basement working on my computer. I hear screaming from upstairs..."BWT made the kitchen on fire".

Of course my ears perk at that one so I run upstairs to find the microwave engulfed in flames. Fortunately when I opened the microwave, the flames went down and I was able to put the rest out with a towel. No firetrucks needed.

This is what I found in the microwave...RIP Terrence.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is hilarious. My husband (as a child) started a kitchen fire by microwaving a wooden alphabet block. Whoopsie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that explains a lot about your current life! =) Must be where your kids get their antics...! Ha!

    ReplyDelete