Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dang Bunny


My 3 kids are obsessed with dragging junky things all over creation. For my oldest son, it's usually a Bakugon ball or some little figurine (and don't you dare call it a doll...it's a figurine when it belongs to a boy...if it were my daughter's, it would be a doll, says daddy anyway.) Little Dude usually has whatever his bro has or some type of ball. Today it was a golf ball.

My daughter insisted on bringing 2 large stuffed animals to the athletic club today. With the help of the childcare worker I was able to convince her to leave them outside the center. No such luck once we got to the park to meet our twin friends. Without me noticing, she snuck "Dang Bunny" as I affectionately call it, out of the car and was running around the park with it. The part I left out is that this park is practically in Michigan. It is so far North of my house and I am bitter every time I have to drive that far. It's a nice park though and our friends really like it.

After searching for 85 pairs of shoes and 25 balls, we finally loaded the van and headed home through mega traffic, mind you. As we pulled into the driveway, my daughter starts BAWLING..."Bunny's at the park." "Bunny's at the park."

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you can predict my reaction. I flipped on her! I just couldn't take driving all the way back up to this park AND I had asked her not to bring Dang Bunny in the first place. Grr. I told her to say goodbye to bunny because she would not be seeing bunny EVER again.
You can guess what ensued. She started crying harder, as if someone had died. It wasn't pretty. Compassion somehow took over and I called my mom. Being a sucker for anything related to my daughter, my mom (who lives in the far North suburbs, aka Michigan) offered to go get Dang Bunny since she would be running errands anyway.

Thanks to Grammy I don't have to listen to "I want Bunny" for the rest of my life. Is it possible that she learned her lesson and we won't be fighting this same battle tomorrow?

5 comments:

  1. Jenna hauls a lion everywhere. If Lencho the Lion got left behind, there would be no peace until he was recovered. But yes, it would still happen again another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I would have flipped too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait didn't Little Dude also want to go to Bunny Park? Or is that something else? You need to get a CAT. ;)

    bakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Bakes! What is it with my family and bunnies? The bunny park is a spray park. Girl Wondertwin left a stuffed bunny at Orange park. IK, it's all so confusing. Yep, that's exactly what I need to add to the maddness. A cat that will make me sneeze like a banschee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, you'll be fighting the same battle tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete