Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Feeding the 5000

That's how it feels around here. Technically, I only have 3 kids but you know what I mean. Even if you one child, you know feeding time is a nightmare. Dinner time I can handle. I make one meal for our family of 5 and if the kids don't like it, they don't eat.

Lunch is different though. For some reason I've allowed myself to become a short order cook. I make what they want to eat...and sometimes they want 2 or 3 of whatever it was. I can handle the cooking part but afterward, my kitchen looks like a bomb went off. How can 3 little people make such a big mess? I would love to go for just ONE day without sweeping my floor. A girl can dream, right?

Seriously this parenthood stuff would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to feed these banschees.

2 comments:

  1. Get another dog. I'm serious. The no-crumbs-on-the-floor-EVAH makes the upkeep of the dog worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO. I have at times laid down the law and said I'm making one meal, and anyone who doesn't like it can do without. But then the guilt (failure to thrive) gets to me and I gradually slip back into the short order cook routine. AND my kids are so messy when they eat, it's just ridiculous. Easily cooking, serving and cleaning up the table, chairs, floor, counters, dishes, kids, etc. afterwards could be 5-6 hours of my day, and that doesn't include snacks. No wonder I feel like I don't get anything accomplished!

    ReplyDelete