Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth

Someone rescue me. Wow, something is in the water around here! Ever since Little Dude's bunny park incident, all hell has broken loose. J and I are convinced that our kids work on cycles. Like the moon has cycles, like women have cycles, kids too have cycles. Instead of monthly cycles, it's more like every 3 months or so for us.

Two weeks ago marked the start of a new cycle and oh my! Let's just say PRAY FOR ME! Or rather, PRAY FOR THEM...that I don't give them away. Their behavior has been nothing short of atrocious as of late. My daughter SCREAMED her head off today b/c she had to ride in the minivan instead of daddy's car. It was at least 20 minutes plus of screaming. She is 5. There really is no excuse for that. We then sat for an hour and watched her twin brother's TBALL game. There is nothing more boring on earth than a 5 yr olds' TBALL game.

J needed a workout so he went to the athletic club and I was to take the kids home. Realizing that I needed a circular saw for the destruction of our deck (for another blog post) I had to run 2 suburbs over to our dear friends' house. They are our construction buddies and have gotten us out of many home improvement jams...one of the many reasons we love them. Anyway, my kids were embarrassing at her home. They were chasing the cat, getting games out of storage, trying to steal cat toys...you name it. Atrocious behavior.

Not even 2 minutes into the ride home 2 out of 3 kids were asleep...and it was the 5 year olds. I can't even remember the last time they fell asleep in the car like that. Thankfully they went to bed pretty well which left the rest of the night free.

Anyway, someone promise me that this will be a short cycle. I don't know how many more days I can deal with this insanity!

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes yes. K, you have hit the nail on the head re: their cycles. I am so happy I blog because I read back thru my archives from a year ago whenever I start to feel my kids' behavior is out of control, and I see that I was in the exact same place. It gets better eventually, then bad again. I don't know if it's a multiples/mob mentality thing, or just a kid thing in general, but we go through the EXACT same thing here.

    ReplyDelete