Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What?

I had to post this. I'm watching TLC right now. It's a show called "I didn't know I was pregnant". Generally the women on this show are overweight and nearing menopause so it's possibly somewhat understandable (I guess???)that they might have mistaken a pregnancy for some other sickness or disease. But, this last woman is unbelievable!

She had no idea she was pregnant. She came to the hospital because of abdominal pains. After being admitted, she went to the bathroom, thinking she had to urinate. Instead, a baby slid into the toilet. She didn't even know what happened. The baby wasn't breathing but the doctors were able to resuscitate the baby.

Without knowing she'd delivered a baby (in a toilet) she returned to her bed not feeling well. A resident examined her and realized that there was another baby to deliver. This woman carried TWINS for 30 weeks without knowing that she was pregnant.

I'm sorry. I carried twins for 33 weeks and 5 days. I'm hardly convinced that she (or anyone) could endure a twin pregnancy and not know it. I did not eat for 8 months, I threw up constantly and continually popped anti-nausea pills like a druggie. I BARELY survived a shortened twin pregnancy with weekly visits to different types of high-risk doctor.

Lucky her I guess but I just don't believe it. And imagine taking twins home from the hospital, not knowing you were even pregnant! Goodness!

1 comment: