Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Make New Friends...

but keep the old. One is silver and the others gold. I must have sung that a million times in Brownies. For some reason it seemed to be the girl scout mantra. As I've blogged before, friendship is a crazy thing. Somehow over the course of 35 years, I've been blessed with a few great friends, each serving during a season of life. A couple have lasted the test of time. Those that have, I cling to because they are proven and true.

New friendships have me baffled too. Via my extroverted daughter, we've bonded with a fellow soccer family. They have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. Perfect ages for my daugher and Little Dude. We've played a couple of times now and not only has my daughter made a new friend, but I have too. We're still in that stage where everyone is prim and proper, houses are perfect. Well, her house is perfect. Mine is clean anyway. That's the most I can ask of myself these days.

How long does it take for a friendship to blossom...to go from that awkward "everyone's on their best behavior" to comfortable and collected? I guess I'll find out. Our kids played well together today and my daughter has been invited to her birthday party. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment