Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More thoughts on J&K

My friend lives in Lancaster County, PA, where the Goselins live. She says it's the talk of the county and I can't imagine the paparazzi in small town America.

Viv commented how fast this whole thing happened, ie. renewal of wedding vows last season. It is amazing to see this family unraveling so quickly. It made me wonder, how much the affluence aspect plays a role. It's almost as if they've won the lottery. Someone needs to a documentary on this reality documentary.

The Bible talks of $ being a root of evil (1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.)

We all want the easy life, where all our needs are met at our beckon call! I was just telling a friend that if I had money, I'd hire someone to do my grocery shopping. That would be such a treat for me. I detest the grocery store.

Maybe this show should be a lesson to all of us. Money is a root of all kinds of evil and as much as we want the "easy" life, maybe God has us where we are for a very good reason, that it is what is best for us.

Romans 8:28
28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

3 comments:

  1. Not that it much matters, but, the thing that bothered me the absolute most about the last episode was Jon's new car...gone is the minivan...and he was driving some little sports car. Not very practical for a father of 8. Not very practical for a father who wants to spend time with his 8. I am pretty sure that if my husband bought a two seat car it would upset me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think money is very dangerous. Obviously there is a fine line, though, because financial problems cause massive marital strife as well... Ugh. I feel for them and hope maybe they can reconcile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Jen. We obviously need money in this world to live and survive...the more we have, the easier we live but there is apparently a limit since money/fame has destroyed their lives. Interesting.
    Viv, I totally noticed that car too. It really spoke volumes.

    ReplyDelete