Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

So, it was my 6th Mother's Day and I have to say that I'm still not used to it. As with most years, our anniversary landed side by side with Mother's Day. Too bad it wasn't my birthday too...J could have really gotten off easy!

The kids greeted me Sunday morning with a Mother's Day card and silver necklace. J did a great job of coaching the kids and training them to honor me that day! After church and lunch, he took them to the childcare center at the athletic club while I got some work done and cleaned our home, readying it for our Mother's Day celebration with my mom.

Right there is the irony of Mother's Day. To think it's a day off for mom is not quite accurate. As long as the mom has a mom of her own to honor, it's never a day off. For the past 6 Mothers Days, I've made dinner and treated my mom to a day "off". The least I can do I guess considering all that she has done for me all of these years. Maybe one day it will fit in the budget to head out to a nice restaurant and we can treat my mom to a Mother's Day that we both can enjoy.

I can't complain too much though as she did bring an ice cream cake from our favorite ice cream shoppe, Graeter's. I've had 2 pieces today in order to make up for having to cook dinner on Mother's Day. I plan to eat 2 more tomorrow...and then work out every day this week to make up for it.

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment