Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Food Failure Redemption

Thanks for the food ideas, blog friends.  I will check out those organic nuggets.  I've found some at Costco that have all kinds of omega 3 and no preservatives which has replaced Tyson.  Sorry Tyson.

Mostly I just feel guilty when I'm cramming food (or so-called food) down their throats so we can run off to gymnastics or soccer.  Tonight we actually had a real meal and it was decently healthy...and they ate it!  They really ate it.

Here's the recipe in case you want to try it.  It's a favorite (of the non kid meals) around here.

Rice Krispie Ranch Chicken

Dip chicken breasts into egg yolk (or just the whites).
Then in a separate bowl, dip the chicken into a mixture of:
parmesean cheese
rice krispie cereal
1 packet of ranch dressing (the dry kind)

(I usually pour the mixture remnants into the baking dish too...)

Place in baking pan at 375 degress for 30-45 minutes. 
I usually go in and cut the chicken breasts in half after about 30 minutes to check how they are cooking.

We had green beans and bread. 

Anyway, I redeemed myself for one day this week.  I still need to cook some extra pancakes to freeze for emergency situations.  The problem is that my kids will eat EVERY pancake I make so there are none left to freeze..and if anything IS left over, hubby jumps in and consumes.  These people can't resist a fresh pancake.

No comments:

Post a Comment