Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Speaking the Unspeakable

Dearest Daddy isn't the only one who has taught my kids the unspeakable.  My twins were very early talkers.   I remember my mom graciously taking the twins overnight one night.  When I picked them up, they were both saying the F word. 

What ?

Surely my mom hadn't said this word in front of them but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why they would be saying that word.

I remember waking up the next morning and hearing two little voices in the baby monitor.  Fock, fock, fock.

What?

I ran upstairs and found 4 tiny socks laying on the floor in front of their cribs.  They had ripped off their socks (and knowing my twins, probably their diapers too!)  Turns out they were saying SOCKS. 

That was an embarassing month or too until they started pronouncing their "S" sound correctly.

1 comment:

  1. When Mac couldn't say her "s" we'd take her to BGSU hockey games where she'd yell " BG-FU!!" Since we sat right behind the penalty box, it was always interesting to see people's reactions until they saw it was a cute 2 year old who couldn't say her S's yet.

    ReplyDelete