Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I'm never the one who makes resolutions, writes them down, tells them to everyone they know, and follows through.  I'm the one who thinks about things that could be different and wonder if they will ever happen.  Yep, that's me.

Last year, more by an accident in timing than anything, hubby and I decided to take the television out of our room.  This OF COURSE led to WAY less TV.  That was definitely a helpful move in my life.  With the TV out of the bedroom, I ceased watching wasteful TV (well...not completely...I still watch The HILLS) and I started reading a lot more.  I read close to 50 books last year which I think was an accomplishment for me.  4 of those included the Twilight series that completely consumed 10 days of my life.

The whole TV thing went quite well until hubby ordered a DVR when he found out it was going to be cheaper to have one than NOT have one.  Not sure how he pulled that one off.  Anyway, we got the DVR in November and since then we have been catching up on every show we've never seen.  Needless to say, those 50 books were mostly read before mid November.

This year the resolutions aren't coming as easily.  I'm going to continue exercising.  In fact, I've been running for the past 3 weeks.  Today I ran 3 miles in 8 degree windchill.  I don't recommend it.

What are your New Year's Resolutions (or as I would rather call them) goals?  Maybe I can steal a few of yours.

1 comment:

  1. You did help me find one, and that would be to not run anywhere there is an 8 degree wind chill.

    ReplyDelete