Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yucky, Smelly Messes

So I can't believe that I'm sharing this on a post but we're all close, personal friends, right? Just a tight little circle. So here it goes.

Little Dude created the BIGGEST mess ever today. I woke up this morning to a smell that is easily identified by any mom. The scent of feces was permeating every nook and cranny of our home and I was ready to puke.

After utilizing my best sleuth skills, I found the culprit. Little Dude had defecated in a pink Transformers costume while sleeping. Who poops in their sleep? (Or, what male sleeps in a pink transformer outfit?)

Apparently that's nothing for a 3 year old. He must have woken up in the midst of the action because then, according to my best detective skills, he must have ripped off the pink suit and dragged it down his legs (in the middle of the night, might I add), stepped all over it, and then slid it down the hallway, down the stairs and to the laundry room. How do I know this? He left a trail and ICK! Was it nasty!

When I woke him up this morning I found his legs AND feet covered in DRIED poop. I threw him in the tub while I scrubbed his room, the hallway and laundry room. Needless to say we were VERY late to Bible Study this morning.

I felt the need to blog about this for 2 reasons. One, I knew you could relate. Two, I want it chronicled so I can look back at this post the next time I'm the least bit tempted to have another baby.

Little Dude has been potty trained for over a year now and we have been downright spoiled. It's just once in a great while that an incident like the above happens. When it does though, he succeeds with flying colors. Nasty.

No worries, though. I've anti-bacterialed (that's a verb, right?) every square inch of our house and I think that disgusting smell is gone...I think. Or maybe I'm just so used to it that I don't recognize it anymore. Sad.

2 comments:

  1. I am beginning to think that my little guy will start college still in diapers, the experience you describe is a daily occurrence here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O dear, Viv. You must have a lot of patience. I guess I've been away from the diaper thing for so long that it hit me HARD today. I also thought my oldest son wd go to K in diapers but it finally stuck. No more accidents out of him...although I say that and I'll be driving clean clothes over to him tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete