Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What have I been missing?

Ooh, this one kid stuff is awesome. Why didn't anyone tell me how great this would be? Now I see why people have one child at a time.

I never got to experience the "one kid" days since I had my twins first. I have to confess the little bit of envy and bitterness that erupts inside me when I am juggling 3 kids in a restaurant and I look over to find a couple with one child in a high chair. Both parents doting over that little one while I'm doing everything to peel one kid off the ceiling while the other two are licking the floors.

I know I shouldn't be bitter but I do wish I could have had some days to enjoy a singleton. Well, those days are finally here, no matter how brief.

I took Little Dude to run errands today while the twins were in school. We stopped by his preschool to pay tuition and appease his little mind. He's been obsessed with school and so curious about when he gets to go so I decided it would be wise to show him his classroom...just to put his curiosity at ease. He even got to meet his teachers today so hopefully that will help him understand that he will soon go to school. He even left Sharkfin at home.

I highly recommend this one kid thing. If you can pull it off, do it. I am actually enjoying parenting. I caught myself smiling as we were crossing through a parking lot today. Those of you with multiple children know that shear fear is the overwhelming feeling while trying to cross small children when you have more kids than hands. So I plan to keep smiling because it's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

  1. If only I had known how fleeting it would be, I would have appreciated it more while I had it.

    ReplyDelete