Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Reconciliation?

I, along with an apparent 9 million other people, have stopped watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. More accurately, I've stopped keeping up with it. I have not been a regular viewer ever, although I did enjoy the first 2 specials before their series began. You know, when she was like the rest of us, struggling to chase kids without the help of a nanny or a hair stylist.

Today her face (Kate's, that is) was plastered to my inbox so of course I clicked. I'm weak, what can I say.

What snagged me was "Jon puts halt to Divorce" or something like that. I'm sorry. I had to click on it. It's the voyuer in me...that and I have to say, I've been praying for this couple and their sweet kids. It's just not right what those 8 have been through...or that there are 8 of them, in my opinion. But I'll keep that part to myself.

I'm all about big families. The more the merrier if you can take care of them but after a high risk twin pregnancy (no invitro involved) I know how scary it is to bring 2 into the world at once. We aren't goats, people. Sextuplets is just unfathomable to me.

I truly believe that NO marriage is beyond the healing powers of our Great and Awesome God. I obviously don't know what is at work here in this situation and technically it's none of my business but I'm praying for the best for this couple and those sweet children.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I had to google it after reading your post. The cynic in me suggests that all he (Jon) would really like to halt is being thrown off the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...sadly I was wondering the same.

    ReplyDelete