Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Friends

I think I've posted something very similar to this before. Does anyone else suffer from great angst when making new friends? Geesh! It's my 4th decade on this earth and you'd think it would get easier. Instead it's harder. Way harder.

It's not just hard because I'm in my mid 30's and would rather fall back the oldies/goodies but I've also fallen into a very tight knit neighborhood and elementary school. I'm slowly realizing that everyone is related somehow and beneath the surface lie the Desperate Housewives of this Midwest city. I'm sure this is the case in every neighborhood in the country. It's just new to me to be in such a small network again...almost like high school.

Don't get me wrong. It's time to settle down, make this place home and make some new friends. With my kids in school I now have an opportunity to branch out and make friends with their new friends' parents. Community is a natural longing I think but so is safety and security. Tell me. Is this angst normal? Tell me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment