Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

When is a Deal not a Deal?

I'm going a little deal crazy lately. It's like a drug. How cheap can I get something? Well, 2 weeks ago I spent $27 on about $60 worth of "stuff" at Walgreens. I got $15 in Walgreens Bucks for my purchases.

Because my Walgreens bucks were to expire on Sept 5th, I hurried in to cash in my $15. With my purchases, I acquired $13 more in Walgreens Bucks, having spent $4.55 out of pocket. I then went in yesterday to cash in more and walked out with $10 new Walgreens bucks, having spent $2.95.

Because I'm now an addict (and admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, right?) I returned today. I cashed in my $10 in Walgreens bucks for 4 bags of Tostitos and a men's razor that contained 2 cartridges inside. I walked out having spent $2.24 and $4 in Walgreen's bucks in my pocket for another day.

My husband now has enough razors and cartridges to last him a lifetime. We also have more toothpaste and deoderant than any household needs. If you haven't tried the Walgreens/CVS game yet, I highly recommend it.

Check out www.dealseekingmom.com for instruction.

In the meantime, you'll find me in rehab. My name is KP and I'm addicted to Deals.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many worse things to be addicted to! I'm inspired to become addicted myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of deals, but I always forget to use my Walgreens/CVS bucks. Quite annoying.

    ReplyDelete