Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Somewhat Comical

I was watching Suze Orman tonight. Yep, on a Saturday night. It's our idea of wild and crazy fun. Anyway, normally she has very helpful financial advice. That and I'm somewhat humored by some of the crazy guests that she has on there. It's amazing what people want to do with their money.

Tonight was a "green" night. Have you noticed EVERYONE and their brother is now going green? I have nothing against guarding our planet. God called us to take care of the earth in the first chapters of Genesis. I do have a problem when companies "go green" for PR purposes. It either saves them money or makes them look good when they aren't doing a thing for our earth.

But I digress. Suze (we're on a first name basis...I love her) had callers give suggestions on "how to go green". One caller says that she does laundry once every other week and hangs it out to dry.

HUH?
SERIOUSLY?
IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Maybe I'm the number one offender when it comes to our earth but if I did laundry every other week I'd be offending more than just the earth. Surely this caller doesn't have kids but still! I can just see me hanging my laundry out in below zero temperatures to save the earth.

I'm doing my best to limit one load of laundry per day...usually I can't even make that goal most days...especially when the kids were potty training!

I guess I'll have to find other ways to save our earth.

I drive a mini-van instead of an SUV. Does that count?

1 comment:

  1. Did she say how much laundry? Cause I can do that too, but it means doing laundry all day. :)

    ReplyDelete