Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So sad.

I just read the saddest post over at Diagnosis Urine. Go over to her blog to read it but it reminded me of the need to financially and prayerfully support the March of Dimes. It is a non-profit that promotes the health and well being of premature babies everywhere.

I was just 8 weeks along when I found out I was having twins. Thankfully they were my first and I knew almost nothing about pregnancy in general so I had nothing to fear. I just assumed that pregnancy was pregnancy. Goats have twins all the time, right? As I soon found out, 2 babies equals 10X the amount of doctors, check-ups and sonograms. I saw every doctor in the entire Dallas/FT. Worth Metroplex and had hours upon hours of sonograms. It was discovered at 16 weeks that I was having boy/girl twins and also a condition known as placenta previa. Thankfully I had no idea the severity of this condition and was told that there was an 80% chance of it rectifying itself before birth. I didn't worry. 80&? That's practically 100%, right? Nothing to fear.

Well, my doctors thought differently. I had a check-up every week along with seeing a peri-natologist as well. Every doctor in city 5 million saw my privates. I became as free as a showgirl with my parts because there was nothing left to hide.
My story is long and arduous. I might tell the rest at another time but to make it short, my twins were born at 33 weeks and about 5 days. They were 5 pounds 1 ounce and 5 pounds and 10 ounces. We were very blessed to have such BIG babies at such an early stage of pregnancy. After 9 days in the NICU we were released. Home with no CPAP or feeding tubes or anything. Healthy babies. It took them about 4 years to catch up in size but they both hover near the 50th percentile in height now.

We were so blessed that things turned out as they did. Not every family is as blessed as we were. That's why my husband and I support the March of Dimes. Without this organization, I don't know where my babies would be right now. God is so good to us and in His infinite wisdom, He gives us the power to change the world. Help change the world at March of Dimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment