Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Reason #87

...for me not to have a 4th baby. At Wendy's the drink carrier technically holds 4 cups but you can squeeze a 5th in the middle if you're creative. With a family of 6 who would carry the 6th drink?

Speaking of babies though, I'm starting to see why people have another one after their oldest children are in school. Today my daughter showed me that her bottom tooth is loose. She is 5 years and 2 months old. Seriously, she's not even in Kindergarten yet AND I remember distinctly that she was over a year old when she got that tooth. It's not time to lose it yet. With 2 top teeth that are loose (from falling off a scooter onto a hard GYM floor) and one bottom tooth that is naturally loose, I'm realizing that my babies are growing up. I'm not ready for this and I'm starting to see why those really obnoxious people in the grocery line tell me, "They grow up so fast." I HATE it when people say that to me. Don't they remember the days of poop in the Hulk underwear and chocolate syrup fingerpainted all over the dining room table and smeared down the hallway walls to the bathroom?

I'm here to tell you that no matter what anyone says, the first 5 years do NOT NOT NOT go fast...at least when you have twins. But today, for the very first time, she showed me that loose tooth and I wanted to get my superglue out. It hit me that my babies won't be babies forever. Yep, it's taken me 5 years and 2 months to get it. Somehow I'm supposed to gobble up time and go into a holding pattern, enjoying this stage right here where we are. I'm trying but I want them to grow up. I want them to spread their wings and be independent people who live life to the fullest...which leads me to starting all over again with another tiny little life.

Okay, I'm off to search for more reasons not to have a 4th child. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. It must be the twins because my guy is 3 and I think he is growing up way to fast. I want to try for baby #2, but it's not financially a good thing to do right now, but I don't want them too far apart in age either. Oh the decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Adding a child is definitely a financial contraint for us as well. With an HSA, the cost would come out of our pocket completely with a $6000 deductible. Yikes. Then there's diapers ...college...driving...soccer teams. Why are kids so freaking expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year, when Alex started kdgn, it was the first time in almost 4 years that I thought, 'I could do this again'. But, then the practical side speaks up and says the same...diapers, braces, college, etc.

    PS..the kids and I are reading Barrie's Peter Pan right now. Have you ever read it...? You know how they know Peter is still a boy? He still has his baby teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, you don't actually need a reason not to have more kids. Just don't. (God willing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, you're just afraid that you'll have to have more too! =)
    Anne, I'll check that out. No, we have not read it but it sounds good. Does that mean that B will no longer be a little girl? 3 teeth are loose, dang it! I'm not READY!

    ReplyDelete