Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Must. Sleep.

What a weekend. I love holidays but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4th of July. I love summer and it's THE holiday of the SUMMER. Also, it seems like Ohio (or maybe Columbus and surrounding suburbs) does it up more than other places. When I lived in Texas you barely even knew it was the 4th.

We had a full weekend with 2 nights of fireworks, a party, a festival, a kiddie parade, a real parade, 2 5Ks that we neglected to run and a ton of food. The kids were up til almost midnight 2 nights in a row and no nap today. We hit the neighborhood festival at 4PM and stayed til 7PM. Around 6:30PM Little Dude was obviously more tired than he'd ever been in his life. J finally convinced him that he should be carried. With Little Dude wailing, J held him and within seconds, he zonked, mid scream. Pretty funny. Wish I had a video of it.

Even Boy Wondertwin asked to go to bed when we got home. Girl Wondertwin was a little harder to convince but she too was asleep before 8PM. It's now 9:30PM and I'm trying quite hard to stay up til 10PM at least. We'll see. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment