Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009


Because my brain is fried from too many kids on this Saturday that should have been restful (in theory) I'm stealing a blog idea from The Activity Mom.
She was blogging about The Letter Factory and I just had to add my 2 cents. I love that thing. A few years ago I had a girls weekend in New Orleans with my mom and sister. This meant I left my husband in charge of (2) 2 year olds and a 10 month old.

(GASP INSERTED HERE)


When I returned my almost 3 year olds knew all their letters and the sounds they made. Thanks to my husband? Well, sort of. In reality, thanks to the video they watched 8,299,999 times while I was gone. And wasn't that nice of my hubby to let them watch TV all weekend? Look at all they learned! =)

Reading has come pretty easy since then. We've accompanied The Letter Factory with Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
I rarely fall for titles like this one but after hearing many moms in my twins' club raving about the book, I tried it myself. My 5 year olds are now reading and hopefully ready for Kindergarten. Yea!

So check out both of these items if you are ready for reading in your home. They sure made my life easier!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book idea. My sons daycare has been really good at the letter/sound thing, but he seems to want to read (asking about words) so I might have to look into that book.

    ReplyDelete