Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

When is FREE really FREE?

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time...or actually know me in another realm, you'll know that I'm addicted to a deal.  It almost pains me to miss out on something that I know I could get for free.

Today Auntie Anne's was giving away FREE pretzels.  I love that place but NEVER buy from there because it just isn't how I spend money.  It's not a meal and it's an expensive snack full of calories I really don't need.  Soo....no need, right?  That's the pragmatic side of me but oh...those things smell so good.

They were giving away FREE pretzels from 10-3pm and I had every intention of running out to the mall for a free pretzel.  The day got away from me though as I was consumed by work for most of the morning.  Saturdays are my catch up days when I can actually get a few hours of work in while my husband is entertaining the kids.  So, it was finally time to hit the mall. 

I took Girl Wondertwin because she is always enticed by food that tastes more like dessert.  We arrived and I'm not kidding, I bet I looked for a parking spot for 10 plus minutes.  Not one in sight.  Some of this has to do with the 12 foot snow mountains (created by plows) in half the parking spots in town but the mall really was packed.  I don't know what the heck was going on in there today but GWT and I hit Costco instead...we could see it from the mall parking lot, and I promise...I could hear it calling my name.  We decided to partake in 5 different samples so I guess those were free but we exited having spent 57 dollars. 

I left the house with the intention of getting a free pretzel at the mall and also to buy 2 sponges (for grouting the shower tiles) which would have been a total of 3.98 spent.  Instead, I really couldn't resist the allure of Costco and their fresh Talapia, awesome whole grain bread and yummy olive tapenade.

I consider myself lucky I got out of Costco only 57 in debt.  It's usually much worse.  On the bright side, we had a lovely dinner of brown rice, broiled talapia, french bread (complete with Olive Tapenade), a green salad, and red wine.  Yep, the $57 was totally worth it.

I'm still bitter about my pretzel though.

No comments:

Post a Comment