Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Healing Powers?

I definitely believe in healing.  Take New Testament times for example.  There are countless testimonies of Jesus and his healing powers.  He even brought Lazarus back from the dead.  I don't doubt that.

But today.  Is it still happening?  I am somewhat of a dispensationalist in that regard....meaning I completely believe these things once occurred but I'm agnostic about whether they still continue in our age.

I have a Facebook friend who goes to Seminary at a very charismatic school.  She goes to healing rooms and heals people on a weekly basis.  Hmm.  Really?  I just don't know. I completely believe that God has the power to heal but does He choose to use us to do that?

Today I tripped (on Little Dude's shoe, strategically placed on the steps) and fell from approximately the 3rd step to the carpeted floor, twisting my ankle and banging my shin (hard) on who knows what (HUGE bruise).  It's hard to remember exactly what happened but I know it killed like a banschee.

I really thought I had broken it. The pain was surging for like 3 to 4 minutes.  All of a sudden, I was able to move it and immediately stand on it.  I know ankles are funny like that but other than a little bit of stiffness, I seem to have fully recovered.  I don't claim to be healed but I wonder if that's what it was like.   And on that note, what did Lazarus feel like after being dead for FOUR days?  Talk about groggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment