Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

What's Wrong with YOU!

What's wrong with you "I just love Fall" people. It's all I hear. For 2 weeks now I've been hearing people lamenting about the Summer and how they want it to be Fall. If you live South of the Mason-Dixon line, you are excused because let's face it, you all live for the other 3 seasons...or at least I did when I live down South. You Southerners can say it all you want. You "Northern" people need to explain this one to me.

Don't you realize that with Fall weather comes the inevitable Winter??? Don't get me wrong. I love jeans, college football, the smell of bonfires and a good pumpkin patch. Those are all filled with nostalgia for me. Having lived in the Midwest for a good portion of my life, I can relate to those things and look forward to them as much as the next person.

After 7 years in Texas though, I've learned to LOATHE the Winter. Until 1997, I didn't know I had a choice in the matter. I'd never considered living in a place where it rarely snowed and never needed a jacket. After having been spoiled in the Lone Star State, it's been hard for me to adjust. I've been in the Midwest for 5.5 years now and I'm still not accepting of Winter. I'm sorry. If I could fly South, I would. My dream would be for J to find a job that took us South 4 months out of the year. I can't take those insanely HOT Summers down there but give me January and February and I'll be a happy camper.

So, for those of you who are out there touting that you LOVE Fall and you can't wait for cooler weather, here's a reminder. After the FALL comes that nasty cold stuff that doesn't go away.

Long live Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment