Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Wanna New Drug

I'm going to expose my naivete here but why not. It's a blog. I've just discovered caffeine. Seriously.

Caffeine effects me in a way that is almost illegal. If I have a Starbucks at 10AM, my hands will shake til 5PM. For obvious reasons I've stayed away from caffeine at all costs. I just can't handle that jittery feeling.

The other day I was meeting a friend at the spray park at 2PM. I knew we'd be there a while and I was hitting rock bottom. I was exhausted. Since we also had evening plans, I splurged on a McDonald's Mocha (not as good as Starbucks btw but I had a free coupon). I was bzzimg and flying high til Midnight that night. What I used to think was a negative side effect might just become my greatest addiction.

I realize that I should have discovered this one over a decade ago but I'm a little slow when it comes to this stuff. Forgive me.

I still don't plan to become a 4 cups of coffee a day person but it's good to know I have a secret weapon just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment