Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Advice to My "TO BE" Mom Friends

I probably have more advice on the tip of my tongue than any new or "to-be" mommy would every want. I'll spare you.

Here's my one piece of priceless advice. Enjoy your "alone" time in the bathroom now because once that baby comes you will never have more than 5 minutes in the bathroom again.

Take today for example. I was returning home from a workout and a workout spoiler (lunch at Chick Fila) and I REALLY had to go to the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

I had just sat down and started when I hear SCREAMS of AGONY coming from the garage. Little Dude had pinched his ENTIRE hand in the sliding door of the van! I hear, "I'm STUCK, Mommy, I'm STUCK".

What does a Mom do in this instance? It wasn't pretty but of course I got up and ran to the garage to rescue Little Dude from his agony. Amazingly he was very brave, and despite the bruises, he barely cried.

Isn't it crazy when they get REALLY hurt, they barely cry but when Big Brother taps them on the shoulder they scream like banschees?

Oh, I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment