Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Recommended Reading




Just finished 90 Minutes In Heaven.  I have to admit.  I was skeptical.

Don't get me wrong.  I totally believe in Heaven and I look forward to eternity there.  I just wasn't sure that this man actually visited Heaven.  After reading it, I have to say that I might just believe him.

In case you haven't heard this man's story, he got in a terrible car wreck, getting hit by an 18 wheeler.  For 90 minutes he remained in his car while various EMTs and rescue workers checked his pulse and covered him up with a tarp, declaring him dead.  During this time a pastor came upon the wreck and felt "called" to pray over this dead man.  During his fervent prayer, the man came back to life.

The book has a chapter about his experience in Heaven but much of the book is about his recovery process and everything he went through.  What I took away from the book is a stronger view of the possibilities of Heaven and the reality of it's existence. I've believed in Heaven since I was a little girl but this book caused me to think about it in a whole new way, that someday I will be there without a worry or a care.  My only concern will be telling God how great HE is.

Could this man have made it all up?  Possibly but I think there are a lot of factors that back up his testimony.  God is a big God and I think it is real that He might have allowed this unique opportunity to this man so that we might know HIM better.

I don't know.  What do you think?  90 Minutes in Heaven is well worth the read and can be read easily in a day.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely believe people can have experiences like this. I haven't read the book though, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for the recommendation. My Grandma just passed and this might help me accept it all.

    ReplyDelete