Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, that lovely scent of...

Mildew.  I live in a bi-level which puts the laundry in some la-la land of above and below ground.  It's quite a large space for a lower level and the windows are full so there is a lot of light.  Since it's half underground though, the air is more damp.  This creates issues with laundry.  For whatever reason that only a meterologist could fully diagnose, my clothes never seem to be fully dry no matter the timing on the dryer.  Usually it's easily remedied with patience but when the clothes begin to pile up they don't always get their necessary allotment in the dry.  Thus the odiferous scent of mildew.  Pretty sure Jessica Simpson will be coming out with it in her next line of perfumes.  I've got to find another shirt.  Ick.  At least it's my pjs and not some shirt that I'm stuck in all day long.  I think I'm going to puke.

And, by the way, I'm making a come back via the web.  I've been on the DL with MAJOR computer/printer issues.  After wrestling with tech demons, we've given up.  The new laptop is configuring itself as we speak.  Look for new posts this week.  I hope.

In the meantime, my Savings Blog http://www.4our2cents.com/ got several shout outs from the BIG Blogs today so we are enjoying a myriad of hits from all over the country.  Stop by 4Our2Cents to see what you can't afford to miss!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the national attention!!

    Also, we have a major laundry stench problem here too. And our basement smells dampish all the time, which makes me feel like puking. The former owners disclosed that we get "about a tablespoon of water in the basement during a downpour." Apparently they were not familiar with the size of a tablespoon. Maybe they were envisioning a spoon the size of a table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check your vents for your dryer. We had a plumber come out with the same issue and our vent was clogged.

    ReplyDelete